Natural Remedies for Keeping a Healthy Smile
There’s no question that practicing diligent oral hygiene – and visiting your dentist on a regular basis – are the best ways to ensure you’re keeping up on your oral health. Additionally, embracing one of the many natural remedies for a healthier smile can help boost your oral health profile, too.
Not only can these remedies fight bad breath and whiten your teeth; they can even aid in fighting off dental diseases as well. Check out some of the tips and tricks we’ve listed below.
Dieting for Dental Hygiene
Considered to be one of the easiest and most effective ways to prevent tooth decay, evaluating your diet can help boost your oral hygiene and promote a healthier body in the process.
Many foods and drinks contain vitamins and minerals which are not only essential to the body, but to oral health as well. Those crucial vitamins and minerals are the building blocks of a bright smile, healthy teeth, and gums.
Consider nutrient-rich foods which contain vitamins D, C, and K to promote healthy gums and fight bad bacteria.
Some foods include:
- Vitamin D – Milk, eggs, and fish
- Vitamin C – Oranges, berries, and tomatoes
- Vitamin K – Eggs, fish, and nuts
Natural Ways to Whiten Teeth
There are a handful of ways to whiten teeth, but only a few to do so naturally. Simple home remedies are an easy, effective, and affordable way to remove discoloration and whiten your teeth in the process without having to use any chemical treatments.
Here are a few ways you can whiten your teeth naturally:
- Baking Soda – Use to improve discolored teeth by mixing with toothpaste or by combining with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water.
- Strawberries – Crush a couple of strawberries and mix them with baking soda to make a paste. The acids in strawberries have been shown to polish teeth over time!
- Lemon Juice – That’s right, using lemon juice can lighten your teeth as well. Just simply rub the juice on your teeth for a noticeably whiter smile.
- Banana Peel – Bananas contain a few key minerals for tooth enamel, such as potassium, magnesium, and manganese. Rub the peel on your teeth for a few minutes and let this magical fruit do its work.
Contact Us for More Information
To learn more about natural home remedies for a beautiful smile, please visit Dr. Dick W. Koo’s Family Dentistry in San Jose, California, for more information.